Zone 7 Water Agency is overseen by a seven-member Board of Directors. Board members are elected by the community to provide strategic guidance and planning for Zone 7's policies, programs and finances. Board members serve four-year terms and represent the public throughout the Livermore-Amador Valley.
The Board of Directors meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. at Zone 7 offices, located at 100 North Canyons Parkway in Livermore.
- View Board meeting agendas and minutes.
- Send an email to all board members at BoardofDirectors@zone7water.com.
Meetings are open to the public. Community input and participation is welcome. Community members may provide comments to the board on any agenda item, and may address the board about non-agenda items during each meeting's Citizens Forum.
Current Board Members
Olivia Sanwong, President
Angela Ramirez Holmes, Vice-President
Michelle Smith McDonald
About Board Committees
Each three-member Board Committee reviews matters before making recommendations to the full board.
- Administrative Committee: Reviews administrative topics such as major facility needs and safety and security measures; oversees Independent District Study.
- Liaison Committee: Discusses topics of mutual interest between Zone 7, the cities and retail water agencies, including rate change issues.
- Finance Committee: Reviews budgets, proposed financial plans, proposed rate changes and connection charge changes for Zone 7.
- Water Resources Committee: Addresses both water and flood protection matters.
Board Committee Assignments (FY 2020-21)
Water Resources Committee
- View Board Policy on Conducting Business.
- View Guiding Principles for Board Members.
- View Board of Directors Compensation and Expense Reimbursement PolicyBoard of Directors Compensation and Expense Reimbursement Policy.
- California Government Code Section 53235 (AB 1234) requires ethics training for specified local government officials within one year of assuming office and every two years thereafter. Below are the current training completion and expiration dates for each member of Zone 7's Board of Directors:
|Completion Date||Expiration Date|
|Sands Figuers||March 21, 2019||March 21, 2021|
|Dennis Gambs||August 24, 2020||August 24, 2022|
|Laurene Green||September 2, 2020||September 2, 2022|
|Sarah Palmer||January 5, 2019||January 5, 2021|
|Angela Ramirez Holmes||August 16, 2019||August 16, 2021|
|Olivia Sanwong||October 2, 2018||October 2, 2020|
|Michelle Smith McDonald||January 31, 2019||January 31, 2021|
- AB 1825 and AB 1661 makes anti-harassment prevention training mandatory for officials receiving any compensation. This legislation requires employers to ensure that all officials receive at least two hours of anti-harassment prevention training every two years. Below are the current training completion and expiration dates for each member of Zone 7's Board of Directors:
|Completion Date||Expiration Date|
|Sands Figuers||April 11, 2019||April 11, 2021|
|Dennis Gambs||November 20, 2018||November 20, 2020|
|Laurene Green||August 31, 2020||August 31, 2022|
|Sarah Palmer||May 19, 2019||May 19, 2021|
|Angela Ramirez Holmes||May 18, 2019||May 18, 2021|
|Olivia Sanwong||November 20, 2018||November 20, 2020|
|Michelle Smith McDonald||November 8, 2019||November 8, 2021|
- Members of Zone 7 Water Agency’s Board of Directors are elected every two years in March of even-numbered years. The office is non-partisan and the seven directors serve “at-large,” meaning they represent all customers within the District’s boundaries rather than geographic sub-areas. Their four-year terms are staggered, with four terms expiring in one even-numbered year and with the other three terms expiring the following even-numbered year.
- Four terms will expire in 2022. The election will be held on March 1, 2022. The candidate filing period is set to run from TBD. Once the filing period begins, papers can be picked up at the Alameda County Registrar of Voters Office in Oakland. To be eligible to run for the Zone 7 Board of Directors, you must be 18 years of age, a registered voter and reside within district boundaries.
- Zone 7 board candidates who wish to have an optional candidate’s statement printed on the ballot will be charged the actual costs associated with printing, translating (Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog, English and Vietnamese) and typesetting the statements. All costs figures are provided by the Registrar of Voters and are based on actual costs and the number of registered votes in Zone 7. The estimated cost for a candidate statement is TBD.
- There is no charge for candidates who choose not to have a ballot statement.
- For further information, contact:
- Alameda County Registrar of Voters
1225 Fallon St., Room G-1
Oakland, CA 94612