**** ATTENTION, LATEST UPDATE 8/4/2016****
Single-Phase 100% Rebate:
- Customers receive 100% of their rebate at the end of the allotted 120-day project period.
- Customers have 120 days to complete their water-efficient lawn conversion project from the date when the "Notice to Proceed" is issued.
Refer to Terms & Conditions on the application (see below).
Special note: During drought conditions, Zone 7 may change from a single-phase rebate and conduct the program in two phases with a 120-day completion rule and pro-rated rebate payment for each phase. For example, customers may receive 40% of the the rebate after turf is removed or sheet mulch is in place. Customers must then wait to plant until authorized by Zone 7 Water Agency or their water retailer. Customer receives the remaining 60% of the rebate after planting and final inspection is completed. Please check this website for updates prior to submitting your application.
If you meet the program requirements, a rebate credit from Zone 7 will be issued to your water bill in the name of the customer of record for the account. Contact your water utility for rebate status.
- To view informational brochure about the rebate program, click here.
- To view, print, fill out and submit the rebate application -- either by mail or electronically -- click here.
- For a list of qualifying plants, click here.
Please mail your completed lawn conversion rebate application to your water retailer or Zone 7 Water Agency: 100 North Canyons Parkway, Livermore, CA 94551. For more information, call 925-454-5065.
The maximum rebate for single-family property is up to 50 percent of the costs, up to $750. The maximum for a non-residential property or multi-family property is up to 50 percent of the costs, up to $4,500.
For example: To receive the maximum rebate, single-family customers need to replace 1,000 square feet of front yard turf and provide $1,500 in receipts (excluding non-permeable hardscapes). Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more information.