Water-Efficient Lawn Conversion Rebates
Zone 7 has revised its Water Efficient Lawn Conversion rebate program, effective April 16, 2014. The rebate for a single-family residence has been increased to a maximum $750 (based on square footage converted), and the rebate for a non-residential property or multi-family property has been increased to a maximum $4,500.
The rebate has been broken up into two phases:
- 40 percent of the rebate amount will be paid up front for lawn removal, conversion of the sprinkler system to drip irrigation, and replacement with sheet mulching or permeable material.
- Drought-tolerant plantings will be deferred until Zone 7 authorizes when planting can begin; no plants purchased before that date will be eligible for rebate (since new drought-tolerant plants require water to get established). Therefore, the remaining 60 percent of the rebate amount will be available only after authorized plantings have been completed.
All other program requirements remain in effect.
- To view informational brochure about the program, click here.
- To view, print, fill out and submit the new rebate application -- either by mail or electronically -- click here.
- NOTE: If you are an Apple computer user, you will not be able to automatically submit the PDF application electronically. Please save the application to your computer, fill it out, and email it back as an attachment to:
- For a list of qualifying plants, click here.
Please mail your completed lawn conversion rebate application to your water retailer or Zone 7 Water Agency: 100 North Canyons Parkway, Livermore, CA 94551
For more information, call 925-454-5065.