Important: There are no retroactive rebates. Your project must be approved before you remove your lawn.
Single-Phase 100% Rebate:
- Customers receive 100% of their rebate at the end of the allotted 120-day project period.
- Customers have 120 days to complete their water-efficient lawn conversion project from the date when the "Notice to Proceed" is issued.
Refer to Terms & Conditions on the application (see below).
Special note: During drought conditions, Zone 7 may change from a single-phase rebate and conduct the program in two phases with a 120-day completion rule and pro-rated rebate payment for each phase. For example, customers may receive 40% of the the rebate after turf is removed or sheet mulch is in place. Customers must then wait to plant until authorized by Zone 7 Water Agency or their water retailer. Customer receives the remaining 60% of the rebate after planting and final inspection is completed. Please check this website for updates prior to submitting your application.
If you meet the program requirements, a rebate credit from Zone 7 will be issued to your water bill in the name of the customer of record for the account. Contact your water utility for rebate status.
- View informational brochure about the rebate program.
- Get, print, fill out and submit the rebate application – either by mail or electronically.
- California native, low-water, and drought-tolerant plants listed on the Water Use Classification of Landscape Species (WUCOLS) list are also approved under this rebate program. Check out our searchable WUCOLS database tool.
Please mail your completed lawn conversion rebate application to your water retailer or Zone 7 Water Agency: 100 North Canyons Parkway, Livermore, CA 94551. For more information, call 925-454-5065.
The maximum rebate for single-family property is up to 50 percent of the costs, up to $750. The maximum for a non-residential property or multi-family property is up to 50 percent of the costs, up to $4,500.
For example: To receive the maximum rebate, single-family customers need to replace 1,000 square feet of front yard turf and provide $1,500 in receipts (excluding non-permeable hardscapes). Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more information.