Zone 7, in cooperation with its water retailers, currently offers rebates as an incentive to residential customers to replace their high-water-consumption clothes washers with high-efficiency Energy Star Most Efficient Clothes Washers. Zone 7 is ending the Energy Star Most Efficient Clothes Washer Program at the end of this year because plumbing and energy codes are changing and will only allow Energy Star rated clothes washers to be sold in the market.
Applications for qualifying Energy Star Most Efficient Clothes Washers purchased and installed on or before December 31, 2018 must be mailed and postmarked by March 1, 2019. Purchases after December 31, 2018 and applications received after March 1, 2019 will not be eligible for rebate. This program may close early if funds are expended.
Participating Bay Area water agencies are offering up to $100 rebate for the purchase and installation of a qualifying Energy Star Most Efficient labeled high-efficiency clothes washer on the program's Qualifying Product List. This program applies to purchases made from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018. Residential water customers who live in the following areas are eligible to participate:
- ALAMEDA COUNTY: Zone 7 Water Agency – Serving customers of Dublin-San Ramon Services District, City of Livermore Water Department, and City of Pleasanton Water Department.
- NAPA COUNTY: City of Calistoga, City of Napa, City of St. Helena, Town of Yountville, and Unincorporated Napa County.
- SAN FRANCISCO COUNTY: San Francisco Public Utilities Commission.
- SOLANO COUNTY: Solano County Water Agency – Serving Benicia, Dixon, Fairfield, Rio Vista, Suisun City, Vacaville, and Vallejo.
Please read the Program Terms and Conditions for Participation on the rebate application.
How to Apply
- Check the Qualifying Clothes Washer List to verify that the model you are purchasing qualifies for the rebate. Only high-efficiency clothes washers appearing on this list will qualify for the rebate.
- Complete the rebate application. Print, sign, and mail the completed application within 60 days of purchase and installation.
- Note: Due to the delayed start of the HEW (High-Efficiency Washer) program, customers are eligible to apply for the rebate on purchases made in the months of January and February and are exempt from the 60-day application deadline.
- Include your sales receipt and a copy of your water bill. (Application will not be processed without both documents.)
- Mail your completed application to: HIGH-EFFICIENCY WASHER REBATE PROGRAM, P.O. Box 1011, Truckee, CA 96160.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Rebates are limited and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A rebate check is generally mailed between eight to ten weeks after receipt of the completed application and required documents.
- Commercial models do not qualify for the rebate.
- Details of this offer, such as rebate amounts and eligible clothes washers, are subject to change at any time.
For questions regarding this program, please call THINKING GREEN CONSULTANTS at (855) 512-1221.