Zone 7 is the Water Wholesaler for the Livermore-Amador Valley
Zone 7 provides treated drinking water to four water retailers serving around 240,000 residents and businesses. The retailers are: the City of Pleasanton; the City of Livermore; California Water Service Company, Livermore; and Dublin San Ramon Services District, which provides water service to Dublin and the Dougherty Valley area of San Ramon.
Zone 7 Water Agency is committed to providing a reliable supply of high quality water and an effective flood control system to the Livermore-Amador Valley. In fulfilling our present and future commitments to the community, we will develop and manage the water resources in a fiscally responsible, innovative, proactive, and environmentally sensitive way.
All water supplied during 2018 met the regulatory standards set by the state and federal governments and, in almost all cases, the quality was significantly better than required.
What Zone 7 is doing about PFAS:
We want our consumers to know that as part of our commitment to water quality, Zone 7 has been following regulatory guidance on PFAS (Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances) as contaminants of emerging concern, as we do with all such contaminants that may pose a health risk, because public health and safety is our highest priority. We have been conducting voluntary monitoring of our systems since 2013. In the instances where these contaminants have been sampled above response levels (RL) in Zone 7 wells, Zone 7 has taken steps to treat the contaminants and they are below response levels in water delivered to customers.
Zone 7's Commitment to Transparency:
At Zone 7, transparency is one of our core values. Zone 7 has posted all sampling data, reports and presentations to the Board on its website where the public can access it anytime. We have also included this data in our 2018 Consumer Confidence Report. In addtion to that, we have created a PFAS Information Sheet to help our customers better understand this issue and have compiled local, state and federal resources for our consumers to easily access. All of this information is compliled in the links below. Should you have any additional questions, please contact our Water Quality Manager, Gurpal Deol at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the links below for Zone 7 PFAS information:
- PFAS Information Sheet
- PFAS Presentation to the Board, April 17, 2019 (Power Point)
- PFAS Presentation to the Board, April 17, 2019, (Live Recording)
- PFAS Staff Report, April 17, 2019, Item No. 9
- PFAS Update Presentation to the Board, September 18, 2019 (Power Point)
- PFAS Presentation to the Board, September 18, 2019, (Live Recording)
- PFAS Staff Report, September 18, 2019, Item No. 10
- 2018 Consumer Confidence Report
Click on the links below for information from your retailer:
- City of Pleasanton PFAS Information Sheet
- City of Pleasanton Consumer Confidence Report 2018
- Dublin San Ramon Services District Consumer Confidence Report 2018
- City of Livermore Consumer Confidence Report 2018
- CalWater Consumer Confidence Report 2018
Click on the links below additional State and Federal resources on PFAS:
- CA DDW PFOA & PFOS Factsheet
- EPA PFAS Basic Information
- Center for Disease Control PFAS Factsheet
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry PFAS and Your Health
- PFOA Stewardship Program
Have additonal questions about Water Quality? Email us at email@example.com
Additional Water Quality Resources for Consumers:
- Common Questions about Your Tap Water
- Taste and Odor Due to Algae
- Water Supply/Reliability
- Water Quality/Treatment
- Water Rates
- Water Conservation & Rebates
- Untreated Water Service
Monthly Water Inventory
Reports & Planning Documents