Your Water
Flood Protection
Water & Environment

Well Drilling and Destruction Permits


Zone 7's Groundwater Protection Ordinance requires that any planned new well, soil boring, or well destruction must be permitted by Zone 7 before starting the work. There is currently no fee for these permits. Additionally, a signed statement of future intent must be filed with Zone 7 for all unused or abandoned wells that are not destroyed.  Permits must be received by Zone 7 at least 5 days prior to beginning any drilling. 

Please mail, e-mail ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) or fax (925-454-5728) your completed permit application and statement of future use to Wyman Hong. Or you can contact Wyman at 925-454-5056 for additional information.

To find out whether your proposed project is within Zone 7's jurisdiction, use this permit map.