Zone 7 Water Agency is looking for community minded individuals who are interested in serving on our seven-person board. A qualified candidate is 18 years of age or older, lives within the boundaries of Zone 7 service area, and is interested in advocating on behalf of the Tri-Valley community. Elected board members receive compensation for their attendance to meetings and conferences related to their service. The board of directors meet once a month and each member serves on at least one sub-committee. Election information is below.
Our Guiding Principles are:
- Promote the best interest of the public by establishing policies that support the mission, vision, and core values of the organization and by ensuring the implementation of those policies.
- Assure the fiscal health for the organization and provide the resources necessary to meet the agency’s goals.
- Provide policy direction to the General Manager, who will, in turn, manage the day-to- day operations of the organization.
- Understand your role and relationship to other board members, the staff the General Manager and the public.
- Recognize and respect the distinction between the policy-setting role and the day-to- day implementation of policy by staff.
Members of Zone 7 Water Agency’s Board of Directors are elected every two years in March of even-numbered years. The office is non-partisan and the seven directors serve “at-large,” meaning they represent all customers within the District’s boundaries rather than geographic sub-areas. Their four-year terms are staggered, with four terms expiring in one even-numbered year and with the other three terms expiring the following even-numbered year.
Four terms will expire in 2022. The election will be held on June 7, 2022. The candidate filing period is set to run from February 14 to March 16, 2022. Once the filing period begins, papers can be picked up at the Alameda County Registrar of Voters Office in Oakland. Appointments are required for filing, visit ACVote for appointment information and instructions on how to run. To be eligible to run for the Zone 7 Board of Directors, you must be 18 years of age, a registered voter and reside within district boundaries.
Zone 7 Board candidates who wish to have an optional candidate’s statement printed on the ballot will be charged the actual costs associated with printing, translating (Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog, English and Vietnamese) and typesetting the statements. All costs figures are provided by the Registrar of Voters and are based on actual costs and the number of registered votes in Zone 7.
There is no charge for candidates who choose not to have a ballot statement.
All documents must be submitted to the Alameda County Registrar of Voters office in Oakland by the March 16th, 5:00 PM deadline.
For further information on Election Information email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact: