- View Zone 7's channel maintenance flyer.
- View Zone 7’s flood preparedness flyer.
- View Zone 7's Flood Control Program Annual Report.
- Get information on Zone 7's Arroyo Mocho Medeiros Parkway Project.
- View the state's flood preparedness website.
- Get reports and planning documents.
- Report a spill or dumping in a local waterway.
Many of California's significant rain events are due to atmospheric rivers. Read a KQED explanation of atmospheric rivers here.
Stream Flow Data
- The public can view the real-time stream flow data recorded by Zone 7's stream gauging network via the Hydrosphere website.
Arroyo Valle Daily Water Capture
- The public can view data on the Arroyo Valle daily water capture here: Daily Water Capture.
Our Existing Flood Protection System
- Zone 7 owns and maintains 37 miles of flood protection channels within a 425-square-mile area, about a third of all the Valley's channels and creeks. Read more...
- As part of its flood management program, Zone 7 conducts many channel maintenance activities. Read more ...
- Maps of Zone 7’s flood protection channels are available at the front counter of our administration building, located at 100 North Canyons Parkway in Livermore.
The Stream Management Master Plan
- Zone 7 has adopted plans for a new, more environmentally friendly way to provide flood protection to Valley residents and businesses. Read more...
- A listing of key Zone 7 Flood Protection and Stream Management projects. Read more...
Flooding: What You Can Do to Prepare
- Some of the Bay Area's worst flooding occurs in the late winter and early spring months. Here are some tips on how to prepare your home or property, including information on where to obtain sandbags. Read more...
Who Pays for Flood Protection?
- Property taxes are the primary source of funding to operate and maintain the existing flood-protection system. Development fees pay for flood-protection system expansion. Read more...
- Before Zone 7 implemented flood protection in the Valley, many areas were often covered with water during heavy rains. Read more ...