Chain-of-Lakes (COL) PFAS Treatment Facility
In a continuing effort to supply the Tri-Valley with safe, reliable water that surpasses state and federal drinking water standards, Zone 7 is planning a water treatment system to address Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) found in the local groundwater at the Chain-of-Lakes (COL) Well site.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
- The project would add necessary water treatment facilities to the existing COL Well site to remove PFAS from the well’s groundwater supply.
- Construction would take place at Zone 7’s COL Well site, located at 2655 El Charro Road, Livermore.
project SCHEDULE & UPDATES
- Zone 7 completed the design of the proposed project in December 2022.
- Bid process for construction contract will begin as soon as the Board approves project funding strategy for construction phase costs.
CONTACT OUR PROJECT TEAM
Please contact Brandon Woods at (925) 454-5078 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns. We appreciate your patience throughout the construction of this project as we make these important improvements to your water treatment system.
LEARN MORE ABOUT PFAS
- All water supplied to our customers meets the regulatory standards set by the state and federal governments.
- In almost all cases, the quality was significantly better than required.
- Zone 7 continues to deliver all water below the California Division of Drinking Water’s response levels for PFAS.
- For more information about how we keep your water safe from PFAS click here.
- To learn about new PFHxS advisory levels click here.