In a continuing effort to supply the Tri-Valley with safe, reliable water that surpasses state and federal drinking water standards, Zone 7 is planning a water treatment system to address Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) found in the local groundwater at the Chain-of-Lakes (COL) Well site.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
- The project would add necessary water treatment facilities to the existing COL Well site to remove PFAS from the well’s groundwater supply.
- Construction would take place at Zone 7’s COL Well site, located at 2655 El Charro Road, Livermore.
project SCHEDULE & UPDATES
- Zone 7 completed the design of the project in December 2022.
- Bid process for construction of the facility took place in March 2023, with Board award of the contract on April 19, 2023.
- Construction of the facility is underway and is expected to be completed in summer 2024.
CONTACT OUR PROJECT TEAM
Please contact Brandon Woods at (925) 454-5078 or email@example.com with any concerns. We appreciate your patience throughout the construction of this project as we make these important improvements to your water treatment system.
LEARN MORE ABOUT PFAS
- All water supplied to our customers meets the regulatory standards set by the state and federal governments.
- In almost all cases, the quality was significantly better than required.
- Zone 7 continues to deliver all water below the California Division of Drinking Water’s response levels for PFAS.
- For more information about how we keep your water safe from PFAS click here.
- To learn about new PFHxS advisory levels .