Where do I get sandbags?
Due to the recent storm, sandbags may be unavailable at the locations below. Please confirm with each jurisdiction before attempting to pick up sandbags. We will be updating the Zone 7 locations as quickly as possible.
Sandbags can be obtained from the following agencies. Please be sure to bring a shovel!
Zone 7 Water Agency Sandbag Stations
Update Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 5pm: Zone 7 currently has an ample supply of free “fill-your-own” sandbags at the Parkside and North Canyons locations and also at the Sunol location, a shovel is required to fill the sandbags. There is no cover and limited lighting so we recommend rain gear and a flashlight if going after dark.
We have deliveries scheduled for replenishment to ensure our community has the resources they need to weather the storm. Please limit yourself to 10 per household. For questions between 8am and 5pm Mon.-Fri. please call 925-454-5000.
Sand and bags available 24/7 at North Canyons Administrative Building, 100 North Canyons Parkway, Livermore. The self-serve station is located behind the main building in the northernmost part of the parking lot.
Sand and bags available 24/7 at Parkside Administrative Building, 5997 Parkside Drive, Pleasanton. The self-serve station is located behind the main building in the northernmost part of the parking lot.
Sand and bags available 24/7 at Sunol Glen Elementary School, 11601 Main Street, Sunol.
other agency sandbag locations – please confirm availability
City of Dublin (24/7 to city residents and businesses), 925-833-6630
- Corporation Yard, 5600 Scarlett Ct., Dublin
- Public Safety Complex, 6363 Clark Ave, Dublin
- Maintenance Service Center, 3500 Robertson Park Road, Livermore, 925-960-8020
- Fire Station #6, 4550 East Ave., Livermore
- Fire Station #8, 5750 Scenic Ave., Livermore
City of Pleasanton
Operations Service Center, 3333 Busch Road (M-F, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.), 925-931-5500
Place Sandbags Correctly
Sandbagging is not as simple as throwing up a barricade! Flood Ready Freddy is here to show you how to properly stack sandbags and keep flood waters outside the home, where they belong. Follow along with Flood Ready Freddy on our video and
Are you flood ready? Here are some additional things you can do to prepare and stay safe:
- Pack an emergency preparedness kit
- Adopt your neighborhood storm drain and keep it clear of debris
- Stay off all trails due to potential mudslides and overflowing creeks
- Avoid travel if possible, but keep your vehicle fueled or charged in preparation for evacuations or power outages
- Keep your cell phone charged and check flashlight batteries
- Sign up for emergency alerts at www.acalert.org
- Follow our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Zone7Water for updates